Project 4: Public Art Proposal On Sunday, December 14th, Jewel and I plan to collaborate on a public art piece featuring posts from the Yik Yak app directly from smcm students. We plan to blow these yik yak posts up in photoshop all around the campus where there is high foot traffic. Jewel and I want to make a huge political, social and cultural statement through this project and shed light on racist bigotry. I also plan to create an interactive aspect to this project by placing a large, wooden box in the Campus Center and asking people to right down their experiences with injustices (specifically in the context of racism and racial profiling.) We want to emphasize that racism is a human problem, not just a problem that only minorities should deal with. White privilege needs to be recognized and ignorance needs to be eliminated.
No comments:
Post a Comment